Wednesday, June 22, 2011

You got to just let your body go with the flow

I know, I know. It's hot, you're stuck at work, and it's only Wednesday. Things seem bleak. Hopeless. Don't give up, my dear 6 readers, because there is still pure joy in this world.

If the following video from 1991 of a 9 year old boy absolutely destroying the dancefloor to "Vogue" doesn't make you clap with glee, just go to bed and try again tomorrow. It gets extra good around the 3 minute mark.


ME AT NINE, PERFORMING TO MADONNA IN SUMMER '91! from Robert Jeffrey on Vimeo.





This reminds me of so many hours spent learning Madonna and Janet Jackson dances as a tween. If I had my way now, I would take dance class every Saturday morning, learning awesome video routines. For example...




(round about the 2 minute mark)



Beyonce into Beyonce...




And the granddaddy of them all (arguably):

(3:18 - mind blowing)


Now I want to go out dancing! Who's with me!?

2 comments:

  1. That the nine year old is willing to post that video on the internet at age 29 is completely awesome. And Gabriella was dancing along to Single Ladies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't tell you how happy that made me last evening -- but it didn't help with the falling asleep! At least the collective awesomeness canceled out the earworminess of each individual song. (And yes, dancing!)

    ReplyDelete