Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Food news you may or may not be able to use

Oh man, you guys. Yesterday I finally went to Denise's Soul Food truck over outside of 30th Street Station and it was everything I ever hoped it would be. I ordered a small platter of jerk chicken with greens and mac and cheese. At $7 for a small platter, you may think Denise's is a bit expensive, but it's an absolute bargain for the amount of excellent food you get. The portions are INSANE, definitely enough for at least 2 meals. I am trying to be good and get a third lunch out of it, but that probably won't happen. Yesterday around 4:30 PM I heard the siren song of mac and cheese calling my name. Suffice it to say my lunch today had no mac and cheese. My lunch tomorrow will be lucky to have greens. I love all greens, but I am desperately butt-crazy in love with these. West Philly! You are winning me over!


In other news, HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WE'RE GETTING A SHAKE SHACK!!!!! It won't happen until next year, but HOORAY. There are a few reasons for this hooray.

Reason 1: I went to Shake Shack for the first time a few months ago and it's awesome.
Reason 2: Shake Shack will be opening one half-block from the home of my theatre company.

which means...

Reason 3: Shake Shack all the time.*

So, at one intersection we will have Village Whiskey, Capogiro, and Shake Shack. Food heaven, thy name be 20th and Sansom.



Okay, and the last thing in food news is that my dear friend Anthony attempted to fashion steak into a möbius strip, mostly because he is the awesomest nerd in the world. And because he has access to meat glue.





* Yeah right. I am holding steady at my initial weight goal and would not like to see those numbers go bye-bye. MODERATION IS THE KEY. Shake Shack almost all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment