Wednesday, June 8, 2011

And oh! As I fade away...

Lots of big changes happening for me! Physical relocation at work, a new bed, a Patti LaBelle-esque new attitude... but how this adds up for you, my dear 6 readers, is that today's post is not all that great. I'm going to do the laziest thing possible and give you a bunch of links. Maybe you've seen them, maybe you haven't... here's to your last hour of the East Coast work day.

First! The title of this post is from my favorite Blind Melon song - "Change". I know you're all like "Um, I was unaware that there was more than one Blind Melon song." You guys, prepare to lose your mind over the sweetest three minutes of alt-hippie mandolin music you've ever heard. (PS, I had never seen this video before. RIP, Shannon Hoon.)



Second! I would like to direct your attention to 50 Nerdy Things to Do Before You Die from the now (sadly) defunct Park Bench. I was a contributor on this list, as were some of our dear 6 readers. It's pretty awesome if I do say so myself, even if it is a little dated now with all that talk of the yet-to-be-made Harry Potter theme park. Obviously, I cried the tears of girly joy mentioned in #43.

Third! You guys read Hyperbole and a Half, right? If not, OH MY GOD GET ON THIS IMMEDIATELY. It's pure, unadulterated genius. But obvs you all read it already, so we're just going to go back to a surefire highlight, The God of Cake. "I would eat all of the cake or I would evaporate from the sheer power of my desire to eat it." I cannot wait until the Hyperbole and a Half book comes out.

4! (switching it up on you there) Every snarky girl's pretend other best friend Mindy Kaling (first pretend best friend is always Tina Fey) (other other pretend best friend is Wanda Sykes) is coming out with a book! Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? won't come out until November but an excerpt of the book is available online! Here's something from Best Friend's Rights and Responsibilities that I obviously need to pay attention to, since Mindy Kaling is my pretend other best friend.
WE SLEEP IN THE SAME BED
If we’re on a trip or if our boyfriends are away, and there’s a bed bigger than a twin, we’re partnering up. It is super weird for us to not share a bed. How else will we talk until we fall asleep?


5! This is Philly Beer Week and that is fantastic! Even better? My theatre company is hosting our First Annual Flashpoint Brewfest this coming Saturday at 2PM at Noble American Cookery (they of the plate of purple food). Come one, come all! Get your tickets here! Bonus: I am a judge, which means I will be dressed up like Nina Garcia, Fashion Director for Marie Claire Magazine.*





*no I won't

1 comment: