What are your tried and true ways for getting out of a crabby mood?
I have a few (some more readily accessible during the work day than others) to share with you, but I do want to hear your bad mood busters in the comments.
* Singing the opening bars of Kung Fu Fighting (whoa-hoh-oh-oooooooooh), very quietly, out loud, to myself.
* Thinking about how much my dad looks like Béla Károlyi:
* Imagine winning an award and telling my grade school nemesis off in the acceptance speech.
* Mary J. Blige.
* Conjuring the memory of eating The World's Smallest BLT.
* Imagining taking a bath. NB: not actually taking a bath because first I would have to clean the tub really well and also I can't use bubble bath or salts or anything because I am sensitive to all of that, so it's basically just making Meg Soup. Which is kind of gross. But the IDEA of a perfect, pretty bath is great.
* Cooking up a ton of delicious food.
* Taking some "time for yourself" with a favorite battery-operated (or manual! I know some of you dig manual!) accessory.
* Doing yoga. When I started practice this afternoon I was like "grumblemumbleyoga." And at the end of practice I was like "grumblemumbleiloveyoga."
* Looking at this picture:
Okay, so how about you? How do you like to cheer yourself up?