Friday, January 14, 2011

Today in current events

What a week for love! Two different couples I am friends with got engaged this week AND I'm going to my pseudo little brother's wedding this evening. It's not every day you get to go to the wedding of someone you've seen poop their pants. I am so pleased that when birds are falling from the sky and zodiac signs are changing people can still get it together to stand up and say, "Yup, you. Even with the incessant cheese eating."

One of my favorite games to play at weddings is called Inappropriate Songs To Hear At A Wedding. This was somewhat started by my longstanding agreement with my father to dance with him at my wedding (whenever that may be) to the song he always used to sing when I would come home from dates. That song would be "Maneater" by Hall and Oates. Aside from the fact that Hall and Oates are AWESOME and that song is totally amazing, we also like the high WTF factor it brings to a father-daughter dance. It makes me want to send away for a mail order husband just so I can realize the glory of that moment sooner rather than later.

At recent weddings, I have counted some of the following Inappropriate Songs To Hear At A Wedding:

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
White Wedding (seriously.)
Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
Toxic
Heard It Through The Grapevine


I'm hoping I get to shake my groove thing tonight to something completely, hilariously inappropriate. Cry Me A River, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment