Friday, October 22, 2010

Food During Tech Time

My theatre company, Flashpoint, is about to start tech for the first show of our season. That means we've been in the theatre all week building the set, painting the set, and generally getting everything ready so we can have a show.

What this really means, though, is that I have two options for food:
1. buy my meals
2. bring my meals

Option 2 involves planning and cooking. Sometimes, if I can get it together, I will make a big batch of chili or soup or something that will last through the week and sustain me. Usually, though I just go with Option 1 and eat a weeklong rotating diet of salad or sandwich from the deli/ spicy beef bowl from the vaguely Japanese place down the street, expensive sushi, or slice of pizza. By the end of the week I feel exhausted and oversalted and broke.

This time I went to the grocery store and bough a butternut squash, a large onion, a couple of potatoes, and some stock. SOUP! Except that I never got around to making it, so that stuff is sort of just hanging out waiting to be dealt with this weekend. Luckily I also bought a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter. And that is why I have been eating peanut butter sandwiches for at least one meal all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment