Friday, February 1, 2019

2019 SAG Awards Red Carpet Rundown: The WTF!

And now, the thrilling conclusion of the 2019 SAG Awards red carpet. 

THE WTF

Yara Shahidi!
It's a lot of look! The catsuit is very Pink Ladies meets gymnastics floor event. The overlay is very much peter pan collar, embroidered invisibility cloak fantasy. Lots of invisibility cloaks on the red carpets lately.  

Michael B. Jordan!
I suppose that we are going to have to accept that Fashion Harnesses are a thing this year for men (thanks Louis Vuitton). That said, why in the world would you choose the ugliest one? How dare this offensive pattern be so close to MBJ's face. 

Anthony Ramos!
#1 A+ Hamilton bae showed up to the SAGs in a look I can only describe as "joke gone terribly wrong." 

Eddie Griffin!
Here's the thing: you know I hate a turtleneck under a suit. And YOU KNOW I have major issues with sneakers on the red carpet. That said, this look is somehow working for me and to that I say wtf. 

Lupita Nyong'o!
Just because you can make a garment out of one oversized suitcoat and some random fabric scraps does not mean you should. Who dared do this to Lupita?!

Alison Brie!
Alison Brie curses the baby to die at 16 after pricking her finger on the spinning wheel. And that will teach you not to invite her to parties! 

Brian Tyree Henry!
I appreciate a good necklace but two necklaces of competing length paired with this particular bowtie...it's a bit extra for me.

Shangela!
That wig line is homophobic. 

Patricia Clarkson!
Remember that time Patty Clarkson dressed as very fancy couch and the drapes behind it? 

Casey Thomas Brown!
That is a knock-off Legacy Robe and you cannot convince me those shoes are not crocs.

No comments:

Post a Comment