Thursday, February 14, 2019

2019 Grammys Red Carpet Rundown: The WTF!

In this edition of WTS WTF-ery we have some entries that would be at home at the Met Ball and some entries that really should have just stayed home.

THE WTF

Chloe x Halle!
This is highly advanced young adult Michelin Man couture and I am instantly a fan. If these two aren't on Anna's invite list for May I am going to riot in the streets. 

Dolly Parton!
Ruffles? Yes. Fringe? Yes. Large costume jewels? Yes. Stockings with open toed shoes? Yes. The absolute Dolly Parton of it all? THANK GOD YES. Everything seems to be in order here.

Janelle Monae!
Alert: this is what angels look like now. Update your artwork accordingly.

Ben Harper!
 Why do I get the feeling that Ben Harper at the Grammys is just as surprised as I am to see Ben Harper at the Grammys?

Tierra  Whack!
I was not aware that one could wear a psychedelic drug as fashion. So noted. 

Katy Perry!
This is how I think I look when my high-waisted jeans feel too tight. 

Brandi Carlile!
I would love to know what the desired look started out as because it ended as a Diane Keaton Freaky Friday body swap situation. Also my brain confused Brandi Carlile was Vanessa Carlton (I KNOW I am sorry) so I just had to delete a bunch of jokes about her making her way downtown etc. 

Shawn Everett (seen here with Belgica Vargas)!
Yo, they are SO excited for Game of Thrones to come back.

Leon Bridges!
This may surprise you but Leon Bridges is from Texas. 

La Klum!
And so, it has happened. The snake has eaten its own tail and then threw up the tail onto the shoulders. The Patton has come back to us anew and must be seen. This is the Fullest Patton.

Major, major thanks to Reader Kate for alerting me to La Klum's look. Reader Kate, today you are Way Too Shay's valentine. <3

2 comments:

  1. Katy Perry looks like one of those dolls you used to make in Girl Scouts to cover your extra toilet paper roll. But on a diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or the ones with skirts made of milk filters!

      Delete