Monday, February 11, 2019

2019 Grammys Red Carpet Rundown: The Good!

My dear readers, we are going to do something we have not done since 2013. No, not the Harlem Shake, we are going to cover The Grammys! Because why not add another red carpet to our coverage during the High Holy Days of awards season?! And this red carpet was so fun and so interesting (and sometimes hilarious), I just couldn't resist. I'm taking it sort of easy this go-round, easing into coverage of the music scene while I learn about the predilections and tendencies of our music stars. 

THE GOOD

Cardi B!
Say whatever you want to, this is A Moment and I am so here for it. This is Birth of Venus realness served on a Little Mermaid platter with a teardrop pearl belly ring garnish. This vintage Mugler is a stunning work of art and Cardi's foundation garment game is sheer perfection. (I'll see myself out.) Now if we could just get Offset to remove his undeserving self from her sparkling orbit, all would be well.

Jada Pinkett Smith!
Normally I think I would not like this dress but it's really working for me here. Jada is giving me peacock-at-rest and I am into it. She doesn't need to unfurl her tail feathers because you already know she is the best! 

Alicia Keys!
This is beautiful and fits her like a dream. Not exactly the necklace I would have chosen but I'm not mad at it. Also I really love her hair like this. 

Swizz Beatz!
A family two-for! And how cute that he matched Alicia, right? This fits him great - especially the pants. I would have left the top button undone but it's a tiny quibble.

BTS!
We got tiny bowties, we got huge bowtie, we got no tie, we got double breasted, we got a cummerbund, we got an array of whatever kind of boy band look you want - and together it all somehow works. I don't know, it's the Grammys. Just go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment