Tuesday, February 12, 2019

2019 Grammys Red Carpet Rundown: The Meh!

We have a bunch of proportionizing problems today. Let's get back into it, shall we?

THE MEH

Miguel!
I absolutely love this look except for the shoes and the fact that I think the pants are a skosh too long. But it's a splendid approach and I would like to see more purple pants everywhere. 

Jameela Jamil!
She is too tall for this dress. Shorten the straps by an inch (thereby hoyking up the bustline) and I think the proportions would work better. Of course if you did that on the dress as is, it would no longer reach the floor and then THOSE proportions would look off. The color story is fabulous but this is not her dress.

Beck!
This is definitely a costume Annette Bening wore in The Kids Are All Right. 

Camila Cabello!
Snoozefest.

Eve!
So happy to see surprise pants made it to the Grammys! Hate the combination of this belt with these jewels. Don't quite know what's happening with the shoes but I'm not excited about what I can see. But! E-V-E herself looks great! So here we are. Meh.

Diplo!
And so begins Diplo's slow yet steady transformation into Karl Lagerfeld. We are so lucky to have seen the chrysalis stage.

Dula Peep!
It's totally fine! Dua Lipa looks very pretty! This is an excellent example of a strapless with a pefect necklace! Why am I so bored?

Ricky Marting (seen here with his son Matteo AND HIS MUSTACHE)!
This is so adorable but a) you know I am against sneakers on the red carpet and b) my brain is having a very hard time with this mustache situation. Like I know it's Ricky Martin but my brain is like are you sure?

Miley Cyrus!
What in the name of Judy Greer is happening with this coat? And are boot cut pants coming back because THANK GOD. The proportions are so off on this but her face and hair have never looked better.

No comments:

Post a Comment