Monday, January 29, 2018

SAG Awards 2018 Red Carpet Rundown: The WTF!

My dear readers, I find myself in the weeds. I got behind schedule on the SAG Awards and now I have all of the Grammys to contend with and I have much to say about them. I've decided that we'll wrap up the SAGs today but I'll wait until next week to dive into the Grammys. Think of it this way: it'll tide you over until the Oscars. Now let's get weird with the SAGs.

THE WTF

Gina Rodriguez!
I get that the designer is trying to tie the top and bottom together by exaggerating the seams on the torso with black but at the end of the day it's still just a full coverage bra on top of a beach dress. 

Margot Robbie!
Margot, that's not how you wear a boa. Sheesh.

Alison Brie!
Blam! Zoom! It looks like she's hulking out of her Flash couture! Kaplow!

Lea DeLaria!
This is one of those good WTF entries. I have never seen a tartan tux, much less a velvet tartan tux but I do not hate it. I simply marvel at it.

Allison Williams!
Remember that Fashion Plates toy where you could mix different bottoms, tops, and middles to make all sorts of different outfits? I loved that toy - my friend Beth Ann had it and I always wanted to play with it when I was at her house. Well anyway, someone mixed a really weird combo here. That fringe at the bottom makes her look like she's, I don't know, lady on top and coat rack on the bottom? It's disconcerting.

Kate Hudson!
I truly wish you could have seen me when I first encountered this Little House on the Prairie Saloon Madame Valentines Day cosplay. The face I made was almost as ridiculous as this dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment