Monday, January 22, 2018

SAG Awards 2018 Red Carpet Rundown: The Good!

My dear readers, I must confess I did not pay attention to the SAG Awards at all last night because my beloved Eagles were clinching their spot in the Superbowl. Actual footage from inside my brain:





Anyway, we are back to color on the red carpet with lots of sequins. Let's dig in, shall we?

THE GOOD

Tracee Ellis Ross!
I love this, especially that bright white with ruby jewelry. It's simple but it brings all of the drama. 

Danielle Brooks!
She looks spectacular and this gown is a work of art. 

Alexander Skarsgard!
Perfect. And his hair is growing back, which is great.

Goldie Hawn!
The draping and the fit on this is outstanding. I love this color on her and I am always a sucker for full, bouncy bangs. 

Halle Berry!
While the hair is a little too Ariana Grande for me, she looks elegant and gorgeous. Also, you know I love the background people so please take note of the stunning woman in the second tier of the background in the off-the-shoulder vneck with perfect necklace. I don't know who that is but boy howdy does she look amazing. 

Susan Sarandon!
Speaking of an off-the-shoulder v-neck, this is beautiful. I think it may need to be hiked up half an inch judging by the bottom in this picture, but that is likely just because it is a heavy sequined (sequinced) gown.

Kumail Nanjiani (seen here with Emily V. Gordon)!
The definition of debonair.

Felicity Huffman!
She makes it look so easy, doesn't she?

Natalia Dyer!
I would love to see the skirt hit the ground but she is giving French gamine realness and it won me over. This is an unusual dress (Dior, in case you were wondering like I did) styled beautifully. 

Sterling K. Brown (seen here with Ryan Michelle Bathe)!
Wow. Yes, even with the ever so slightly too small tie, he looks amazing.

Uzo Aduba!
While I would have liked the neckline to come down about an inch, I need you to know that I am SO HAPPY that Uzo Aduba is finally dressing like the goddess she is. 

1 comment: