Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Golden Globes 2019 Red Carpet Rundown: The WTF!

I believe what you are about to read is the most robust WTF section of all Way Too Shay time. There were so many looks that dropped my jaw in either a truly terrible or truly great way. Let's do this Rockapella!

THE WTF!

Janelle Monae!
Is this the red carpet equivalent of when your mom makes you wear sweatpants under your Halloween costume because it's cold out? 

Linda Perry (seen here with Sara Gilbert)!
25 years and my life is still 
Trying to wrap my head around this hat
at the Globes award show
I realized quickly when I knew I should
that Linda Perry is the Babadook oh yeah
for whatever that means

Cody Fern!
Scrolling down this outfit I'm like ehhh not loving the sheer shirt, maybe it needs a belt...THOSE SHOES HAVE CLOVEN HOOVES.

Glenn Close!
Was Glenn Close part of the Golden Globes gift bag this year? Nay, Glenn Close was the gift bag.

Lucy Liu!
Y'all - Lucy Liu has an invisibility cloak. Mischief managed!

Jodie Comer!
That's a lot of ruffle! In my imagination it started with just the bottom ruffle and the designer thought, Maybe it needs a little more... and then they just couldn't stop. 

Caitriona Balfe!
Proportionizing! You're doing it wrong! Delia*s catalogue hair: you're doing it right!

Julia Roberts!
I mean surprise pants are one thing but these are like Hello These Are Pants And Half a Skirt Because Who Can Decide?

Gemma Chan!
You've heard of Surprise Pants! And you've heard of Hello These Are Pants And Half a Skirt Because Who Can Decide! Now please welcome Surprise Shorts!

Judy Greer!
Judy Greer is either trolling us or playing a David Byrne benefit concert later.

Timothee Chalamet!
Why do I find this so exhausting and try-hard?

Rosamund Pike!
I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it.

Debra Messing!
When she starts to molt it is going to be over for you bitches. 

Billy Porter!
Better than good! Beyond words of praise and adoration! The Met Ball has finally come to the Golden Globes! This, my dear readers, is a Full Tonga!

2 comments:

  1. Billy Porter is my new Fashion Icon. I shall have no other Fashion Icons before him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timothee Chalamet looks like a figure skater who can't find his ice skates. Your Debra Messing caption made me guffaw and now I keep thinking she's going to Sesame Street to hang out with Big Bird and Snuffaluffagus.(sp?)

    ReplyDelete