Monday, January 28, 2019

2019 SAG Awards Red Carpet Rundown: The Good!

My dear readers, last night was jam-packed with entertainment between the SAG Awards and Rent Sorta Live. In honor of the death of Bohemia, I was on my couch shouting at every edit and censored line in Rent Sorta Live but luckily we can review some SAG Award red carpet fashion together this week. Great news for all of you Way Too Shay readers who love the Bad and WTF piles.... just about everyone looked bad or weird. Or as Rent Sorta Live would say, super weird.

THE GOOD

Danai Gurira!
This is old Hollywood glamour and I am here for it! Yes, be a gorgeous puffy cloud, Danai! 

Melissa McCarthy!
Yes! Finally! I love this all-out disco ball fantasy! Her head looks absolutely perfect and this silver is stunning on her.

Sterling K. Brown!
I do feel that perhaps his pants are the teeniest bit short but I am keeping SKB in the Good pile because he is so consistently dapper and I think maybe the pant length is just how he is standing. Basically, because he is always a straight A student I am giving him an A when maybe he deserves a B+. 

John Krasinski!
Okay if I'm going to give Sterling an A with that pant length I must also be fair to John. Beside all of  that, I think this color suit is great on him and he looks better perhaps than ever. The wife (different than The Wife) will be in another category because wowza in a bad way.

 Anthony Carrigan!
The fit on this suit is superb. I would like to shake the golden hands of his tailor. 

Catherine Zeta-Jones!
I love that CZJ is like, "I hear actresses my age tend to wear sleeves. Anyway here is my entire leg and torso." 

Laverne Cox!
I struggled with where to place this one. I am not a fan of the polka dot detail, the seams appear to be pulling a little, and to be perfectly honest, I am a little tired of the goddess look on Laverne. But then I saw the back of it and I no longer cared.
I'm 100% in on angel wings draped with diamonds. 

Michael Zegen!
His hair story aside, everything seems to be in order here.

Mandy Moore!
This is one of my favorite Mandy Moore red carpet looks in recent memory. Sometimes she looks awful but when she keeps the lines clean and the look uncomplicated, she really knocks it out of the park. That said, I will forever want a berry lip on her but we're still fighting through the beige lip situation with these gals so assume that's a given.

No comments:

Post a Comment