Friday, June 15, 2018

Tony Awards 2018 Red Carpet Rundown: The WTF!

It's time to round out our Tony Awards coverage and our work week. Please go see plays - and not necessarily in New York! Theatre is almost certainly happening near where you are. 

THE WTF

Kerry Washington!
I understand no parts of this. How is this a beaded bolero jacket deep V long sleeved jumpsuit with train? Better yet, WHY is it?

Hamish Bowles!
So sorry to have woken you.

David Zinn!
We can almost always count on David Zinn for a statement shirt and a bevy of accessories. I happen to think this is fabulous.

Rachel Bloom!
Unlike some people I know exactly who this is and I love her. That said, oh boy do I hate this hairdo. I originally had her in the Bad pile but ultimately I decided there was too much here to be simply Bad. Alas, the custom Stephen-Sondheim-smoking-a-joint tshirt paired with this Evolution of the Arm skirt isn't working the way I think she probably envisioned. I've been there - it's difficult to pull off this kind of look with big boobs, honestly. I always want the best for Rachel Bloom; this was particularly painful for me to see.

Rachel Brosnahan!
It's a bit prim but it's kind of pretty. What is this dress doing in the WTF?
WELP.

Wayne Coyne (seen here with Katy Weaver)!
This is the cutest red carpet couples look I think I've ever seen. It's also completely bananas. Very here for it, very much wish all of the nominees had accessories that related to the shows for which they were nominated. Would love to see what the guys from Iceman Cometh would have cometh up with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment