Thursday, June 14, 2018

Tony Awards 2018 Red Carpet Rundown: The Bad!

Today is a very special day for Way Too Shay. Keep reading to the end - I'm excited for all of us. 

THE BAD

Tina Fey!
I tried to convince myself that this wasn't so bad from the knees up. Alas, I am not convinced. The short sleeve blazer cut on top is so clinical and the fabric is kinda like a quilt made from the world's finest tin foil. By the time I get to the large maltese taking up residence at the bottom, I am exhausted.

Carey Mulligan!
This is a 1970s-era reboot of Little House just waiting to happen. 

Michael Cera!
WHAT. ARE. THOSE. SHOES.

Sara Bareilles (seen here with Joe Tippett)!
Oh girl, oh no. Oh no no no.

Joan Allen!
After much research, I am 85% certain this is a burgundy velvet top paired with matching pants, not a full jumpsuit as I originally suspected. I'll give her this: she looks comfy. 

Kelli O'Hara!
Y'all, this is SO bad. It's a mock turtleneck with sheer midriff ice dance costume that, as Reader/Sister Julie said, looks like it was attacked by a cat. This is a Full Patton!

Claire Danes!
I will forever hate it when Claire lines her entire eyes but what we really have to discuss is this dress. It's leopard print; it's metallic; it's got ruffles at  the neck, wrists, floor, thighs, and heyhowyadoin; and it. is. hideous. This is ANOTHER Full Patton!

FIRST EVER DOUBLE PATTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: