Monday, March 12, 2018

Oscars 2018 Red Carpet Rundown: The WTF!

We are finally in the home stretch, my dear readers! We have a handful of WTF entries this time including one of the most truly baffling fashion choices I've ever seen. Ready? I know you are.

THE WTF

Mahershala Ali!
This is the biggest mystery of the night to me. It APPEARS that Mahershala is wearing a second, blue button-down shirt under his black button-down shirt. Here's a closer look:
Are you also seeing this or am I on glue? This is happening, right? BUT WHY.

Matthew McConaughey (seen here with Camila Alves)!
These two were clearly cosplaying as Hungover Bride and Groom. No one can convince me otherwise.

Haley Bennett!
You know what this perfectly nice black dress needs? A mesh turtleneck AND SOME SOD.

St. Vincent!
May god bless and keep you, Annie. And may you sell many cigarettes tonight.

Nicole Kidman!
That's a lot of bow! 

James Ivory!
I once made a pact with a friend that if I ever win an award that requires a speech, I will include "Reese Witherspoon's grandmother" in my list of thank yous. I assume a similar pact was made by James Ivory about literally wearing Timothee Chalamet's face to the Oscars. 

Shane "That Dude" Vieau (seen here with Jeffrey Melvin and Paul D. Austerberry)!
And you may find yourself in Adidas at the Oscars. 
And you may find yourself wearing sunglasses inside. 
And you may find yourself without sleeves on your tux. 
And you may ask yourself: My god, what have I done? 

(Cocaine. The answer seems to be cocaine. Or some other very powerful drugs. The kind of powerful drugs that convinces an adult human to combine a standard tux shirt with a decidedly not standard tux jacket. That kind of drugs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment