Monday, March 5, 2018

Oscars 2018: Pre-Rundown Notes on Olympians

My dear readers, I am very much looking forward to diving into The Good tomorrow (without Timothee unless he makes a stunning comeback from The Meh in the next few hours) but before we do, there is a bit of business to address. As longtime readers know, I have a policy against critiquing Normals on the red carpet because it is not fair to judge them like I do the stars and starlets who have access to jewelry (for free) and clothes (for free) and stylists (NOT free and also NOT cheap). But somewhere between celebrities and Normals are the Olympians and I feel fine talking about them... but, you know, in a separate post. I saw two types of Olympians last night: skiers dressed as ice skaters and ice skaters dressed as models.

The former: Lindsay Vonn!
This is a breath away from a figure skating costume and a slightly deeper breath away from a Dancing With the Stars costume. That said, when was the last time you saw a woman rock a watch on the red carpet? Lindsay Vonn is a timepiece trailblazer. (And spokesperson for Rolex so also an excellent business person.)

The Latter: Adam Rippon (seen here with Mirai Nagasu)!
Don't get me wrong - Mirai Nagasu looks gorgeous! It's so weird to see her standing still instead of busting out triple axels like the boss she is -I'll bet this dress gives good twirl. But the real story here is Adam Rippon effortlessly owning the red carpet in this Moschino harness tux. The face says it all - he knows this is everything. Indeed, why y'all gagging so? I have a feeling this is just the beginning. Memo to Anna: please make sure Adam Rippon is on the list for that first Monday in May, darling. Can't wait to see what Jeremy Scott puts him in next.


No comments:

Post a Comment