Monday, September 18, 2017

Emmy Awards 2017 Red Carpet Rundown: The Good!

I don't know about you, my dear readers, but I could really use some fashion right now. I could use some some truly reckless necklines, I could use some hilariously bad sleeves, and I could use a moment out of the daily routine to tell people that they could use a necklace. Lucky for us, the Emmy Awards were last night so we have all of these things! 

Before we dive into the Good pile, I have something exciting to share. As longtime readers know, the only time I comment on "normals" or children under the age of 18 is when something is FABULOUS. (This is because "normals" generally don't the have access to stylists, designers, and just all the stuff that celebs do. And because children are children.) Well! Friend of a friend Kirsten and her husband were at the Emmys last night and gave me permission to tell them they look fabulous here on Way Too Shay - 

Fabulous, both of you!  I hope you had fun! And now, onto people who did not go to my college.

THE GOOD

Leslie Jones!
One of the most satisfying fashion partnerships of the past few years is Leslie Jones and Christian Siriano. This is fun, sexy, totally unexpected, and one of my favorite looks of the night. This teeters right on the edge of being a sensuous ice dancer tablecloth and somehow manages not to go there.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus!
As we know, JLD does a strapless column dress and that is that. This one is super fun and I really love that she is highlighting the green in the dress with her earrings.

Emmy Rossum!
More green accenting black - loving these accessories. The dress fits her like a dream! I do believe she is using her hair in lieu of a necklace and I'll allow it.

Susan Sarandon!
Whether or not we think Susan Sarandon is a jerk now, there is no arguing that this dress fits her exquisitely and also that she Could Use A Necklace.

Thandie Newton!
This is another one who CUAN but who actually cares because oh my god this is so pretty. Thandie Newton is a real life princess, right? 

Millie Bobby Brown!
Speaking of princesses - holy moly! This is literally the fairytale dress I dreamed of when I was her age. This is perfect.

The ST Kids!
While we are complimenting children  - look at how great these kids look! This is some highly advanced red carpet fashion. Well done all you kids!

Samira Wiley!
Let me be quite clear: I had quite the debate over whether this should go to Good or Meh. You know I dislike a formal turtleneck, but the fit and the color, and the styling really pushed it to Good for me. Also the fact that it is Samira Wiley and she is wearing the hell out of this gown.

Anika Noni Rose!
I am really loving this blush trend. Anika Noni Rose decided to be unforgettable at the Emmys and knocked it out of the park. Also, can we please talk about this makeup? Simply gorgeous.

Are you ready for Boyfriend Alley? Let's get that going now.

Boyfriend Alley

Riz Ahmed!
As always, oh my goodness.

Donald Glover (seen here with Stephen Glover)!
Oh my goodness times two.

Alexander SkarsgÄrd!
Oh my goodness even with a mustache.

Anthony Anderson (seen here with Alvina Stewart)!
Oh my goodness in the no sock trend.

Sterling K. Brown!
Oh my goodness to infinity and beyond.

This concludes Boyfriend Alley. More boyfriends to come in other red carpet rundown installments.

Sofia Vergara!
It may not be surprising but it is expertly done. That is the size earring you have to have if you want to skip a necklace on this neckline. She looks beautiful.

Jessica Biel!
I cannot believe it but I love this. The draping on this gown is stunning and her entire head looks remarkably good. I'm feeling it.

Shanon Purser!
I love the 1950s feel of this, I love this green, and I love the shape. Not sure about the butterflies but I never am really sure about butterflies so we'll let it go.

Viola Davis!
Once again, my dear readers, I must implore you to bow down to Viola Davis. It's her world, we're just here to applaud her.

Judith Light!
Angela Bower didn't come to play she came to slay! She's been To Shell And Back and wants you to know she's still got it. Yowza!

Oprah!
When you are Oprah, you don't have to walk the red carpet, you just show up inside and make it harder for amateur fashion critics to find a picture of your fabulous tux. I adore this look - I love it almost as much as Oprah loves bread. Special thanks to Reader Rosey for finding this pic for me! 

 La Kidman!
I love it when Nicole Kidman wears red. This full glam look is perfect. 

Evan Rachel Wood!
ERW knows a thing or two about advance tux wearing and styling. Goddamn, this is good. 

Justina Machado!
Oh my god I need this dress. I love her, I love her in the color, but most of all I love this dress and I think it is perfection. As for styling, I think CUAN but who cares when the dress is this fabulous.

Jane Fonda!
Oh hell yes I am here for this Elle Woods meets Barbara Eden meets big bangs and bell sleeves fantasy. Jane Fonda is kil. ling. it. There are only two things that could possibly make this better.

There they are. While these three remain, the world may still spin. 

1 comment:

  1. It's a sign of my continuing growth as a person that "The Good!" posts are now my favorite ones.

    ReplyDelete