Thursday, October 6, 2011

Overalls are not flattering.

The other day I was reminiscing with a college friend about the uniform for female theatre majors at our school: tank top, overalls, bandana, crescent wrench. My friend was bemoaning the fact that she no longer has overalls but I can't agree with her. I remember how I looked in my overalls and while they were definitely comfortable they were certainly not chic.

Now we just have to get that memo to Katie Holmes.



I think perhaps my favorite part of this is looking at it top to bottom (a "scrolldown fug" as the Fug Girls would say).

sloppy ponytail....

minimal makeup...

comfy shirt...

jacket...

gigantic overalls...

HIGH HEELED BOOTIES!


To be honest, I kind of feel for Joey Potter. I mean, we've all done this, right? Throw on any old shoes to go out to get the mail or just run halfway down the block to the bodega to pick up a milk chug for your mac and cheese? And you realize you're wearing yoga pants and a huge tshirt and, you know, silver sparkly flats but you're just going down the street real quick and it's not like you're going to run into anyone you know. Except you ALWAYS DO. It's a law of the universe. Luckily, not many of us run in the paparazzi when we're in a stupid shoe and oversized clothing moment. Alas for Mrs. Cruise, it just wasn't her day.

No comments:

Post a Comment