Friday, May 17, 2019

2019 Met Gala Red Carpet Rundown: The WTF!

The Met Gala can be relied upon for the most over the top, eye popping, jaw dropping WTF entries of the year. We have everything from video vixens to dungarees to disembodied heads to daughters cosplaying as moms. Strap in and hold tight!

THE WTF

Tiffany Haddish!
This is an extremely high-end pimp costume with bonus footectomy and I am in love. 

Emily Ratajkowski!
I never really thought about what it would be like if She-Ra, Princess of Power, was in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition but now I guess we know.  

Harry Styles and Alessandro Michele!
There are high-waisted pants and then there are whatever these things are Harry is wearing. As for Alessandro, this is a Jared Leto as Jesus styled by Barbie look. And yet my only complaint is that the pants need to be hemmed.

Jared Leto!
Speaking of Jared Leto! This is both a cursed and blessed image. What is happening? I don't know but it is absolutely dripping in diamonds.

Lily Collins!
Oh yes give me that Elizabeth Taylor lounging in a canopy bed feeling! I truly disagree with these shoes but who cares when the rest of it is so bananas.

Naomi Campbell!
What in the name of Tawny Kitaen are those tights?! 

Amy Fine Collins!
I have been wearing a monocle wrong for years.

Amber Valletta!
Dance 10, Looks 3. 

Sophie von Haselberg and Bette Midler!
Bette is doing a butterflies trying to escape a molasses pit thing complete with Beaches-era hair and then her daughter fully did Bette Midler stage wear cosplay. May the circle be unbroken.  

Cara Delevingne!
Everything seems to be in order here. Thank you, Machine Dazzle, for this outrageous headpiece! 

Odell Beckham Jr.!
I'm here to tell you that I think this is very good. It's hilarious but also sickening. Every time I consume this look I find something new. Serious question: is that a Tamagatchi around his wrist?

Jordan Roth!
Portrait....


Landscape.

Patrick Schwarzenegger!
I laughed out loud when I saw this - actual laughing! actually out loud! - and then I thought, you know what? He might be one of the only people at this event who truly completed the assignment. A+



Next week on WTS: Billy Porter and Lady Gaga! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure Jordon Roth's closed arm outfit is trying to get the attention of Denis Villenueve for his Dune remake. Or the Wachowski Siblings for a Jupiter Ascending sequel. It's fascinating.

    ReplyDelete