Thursday, June 12, 2014

Tony Awards 2014 Fashion Rundown: The WTF

It always seems a little sad when we come to the end of a fashion rundown, doesn't it? Luckily, this is the Tonys so the WTF category is far more whimsical and delightful than it usually is!

THE WTF

Fran Drescher!
You guys! Fran Drescher came to the Tonys dressed as Divine in Pink Flamingos! She also happens to be wearing some sort of sculpture as hair. Fran, I don't exactly know what you're doing but keep going. I'm loving this camp approach.

James Monroe Inglehart!
After I saw his performance as the Genie in Aladdin and they cut to him during the nomination announcement I thought, well yes of course he is wearing a sparkly tux... of course he is. I was not aware that sequined lapels were an option for, well, life. But I'm sure glad they are!

Estelle Parsons!
 Oh crap, you guys. Birnham Wood has come to Dunsinane.

RuPaul!
You know what? If anyone is going to pull off a Barbie pink satin tux jacket, it's Ru. It is at once completely insane and fierce as hell.

Adriane Lenox!
Please try to imagine my glee when I saw that hat during the telecast. I may have even clapped giddily! What I didn't know then is that she paired it with a sheer orange trench and white booty shorts. Oh Adriane, I want you to come to every awards show. You are a treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment