Monday, December 23, 2013

Year End Fashion Round-Up: The WTF!

My dear readers, I am so glad we instituted the WTF category this year. It has been a very WTF year for fashion indeed. While it was difficult to narrow down the category, I have the following finalist to offer you as the most WTF fashion moments on the red carpet this year. BEHOLD!

THE WTS WTF PILE FOR 2013!

Jaimie Alexander at the SAGs!

It's tight! It's short! It's long! It's wide! It's... got a weird strap across her neck. WTF is going on here?!

Barbra Streisand at the Oscars!
The time that Barbra showed up to the Oscars dressed as Stevie Nicks was one of my all time favorite times Barbra showed up somewhere in costume.

Kimbra at the Grammys!
Two things I learned: 1) There is a person named Kimbra, apparently. 2) She is an exotic ice dancer from the 1940s.

Cicely Tyson at the Tonys!
Cicely Tyson: giver of the most uncomfortable hugs at the Tonys this year!

Melissa Leo at the Emmys!
You know, it takes guts to show up to the Emmys in a circus ringmaster costume. I'm just grateful she didn't wear a top hat. Wait, I take it back. I totally wish she had worn a top hat.

Halle Berry at the Golden Globes!
This is the cover image for my new book, When Hideous Dresses Happen to Gorgeous Women.

Julianne Hough at the Emmys!
We should have known some truly truly unbelievably WTF bullshit was coming down the pike from Julianne when she showed up in underwear and curtains at the Emmys. There is nothing you can say that will convince me that this is a good outfit. It was almost my most WTF outfit of the year... alas, I cannot and will not give that honor to anyone but our Kim.

Kim Kardashian at the Met Gala!
I mean, come on. Even the shoes match. And let's please remember, most of all, that this is a glovedress.



NEVER FORGET.




No comments:

Post a Comment