Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Things I Want to Tell You, Dear Readers

Hello my dear 6 readers! I know I've been sort of absent lately and that you don't want to hear my excuses, so I won't make them. INSTEAD I will tell you that I've challenged myself to update this site far more frequently from now on. We shall see how it goes, but I have a ton of things to share.

I want to tell you about the amazing dinner I had a few weeks ago at Talula's Table.

I want to tell you about all of the things I have seen on the sidewalks of South Philly lately.

I want to tell you about the evils of those sticky bra cup things and how, yes, they will rip the skin right off your boobs.

I want to tell you about how angry I am on the whole "legitimate rape/that whole thing" issue. And also I want to tell you that I'm going to name my next band That Whole Thing and our drum will have a drawing of a vulva on it.

I want to tell you about Pussy Riot and how even with the "that whole thing" mess, it's still a pretty awesome thing to live in America.

I will tell you all of these things, so stay tuned! But for now? I need to tell you about the new amazing hair volumizer I bought:

you shall now worship me as your god.


HOLY. CRAP. IT. IS. AWESOME. You guys know that I'm a white girl with fine hair from Jersey and, as such, have always wanted big, beautiful Jerz hair. I seriously have tried everything. Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray, mousse, gel, Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Spray (and BSH hairspray), back-combing, teasing, etc. When I heard about this powder I immediately needed to have it. I searched every drugstore in Philadelphia (within a 4 block radius of my home and office) but it just was nowhere. Where did I end up finding it? South Jersey, of course!

I'm not going to lie to you: this stuff is a little weird and I'm not entirely convinced that I'm not putting dangerous chemicals on my head that will someday cause me to grow a third nipple. But I don't care because it WORKS. Shake some dry powder onto your roots, rub it around and poof: volume. I am so happy this day has finally come. Thank you, hair fairies!

No comments:

Post a Comment