Friday, July 6, 2012

Face and hair and products OH MY

I decided this morning that I need to confess something to you, my dear readers. I have been wearing makeup again. I rediscovered the joy of makeup (thanks, in part, to big dark eyebrows being very now) and also I dyed my hair redder and find that I need a little "hey hello" on my face, if you know what I'm saying.

One thing is very odd: I have noticed for the first time that my eyes are ever so slightly different shapes. I often noticed in pictures that one of my eyes looks more closed than the other, but never figured out why.

You see what I mean? The left eye? Of course you do.

This makes my life hard sometimes, like when I'm trying to do symmetrical eye makeup. Oh lordy, how I must toil to make my liquid eyeliner look decent! But makeup isn't really that hard. I've been doing it for over half my life and I enjoy it. Fighting with my hair is a different story.

My hair has been through it all...

bangs...


long...


blonde...


black...


brown...


red...

permed... (no photo available, thank god)...

But the thing my hair has never had is body. Oh how I wish for big, huge hair. I am from New Jersey for pete's sake! I should be able to pump up my hair! I use this crazy thick mousse, I have used a thickening spray, I tried pomades and lotions and powders and gels and all sorts of things. I have spent many dollars on hair products that promise me Big Sexy Hair and yet... limp and sad. Maybe someday I'll get my wish and my hair can look this amazing...


Until then, I suppose I'll just keep trying products.

1 comment:

  1. How often do you wash your hair? I've become a convert to the Wash As Little As Possible School, which helps with body and is generally better for your hair once you get past the aaaaahhhhhhhh gross phase (your hair adjusts).

    ReplyDelete