Wednesday, November 2, 2011

And now....deep thoughts....

So how are you all doing on that whole actively choosing to live life challenge? As for me, I definitely have difficulty feeling very active in my choice to take a shower. I also have found it difficult to actively engage in the shower experience. I do my best thinking in the shower which, unfortunately, sometimes leads to me forgetting to shampoo my hair.

Reader Mix (indeed the same woman who encouraged me to start WTS in the first place) found a lovely website called Positively Positive and therein found the following quote:

You can laugh again after unspeakable loss. Joy will wind its way around scars that will never unknot within you – like smiling ivy warming tree roots.

I'm sharing this with all 6 of you in hopes that it will inspire you as much as it inspired me. Thank you, Mix!

In related news, a friend who lives a life quite similar to mine just got a dog. Our lives are similar in that we both are the types of people who leave the house early in the morning and don't return until well past nightfall. We have lots of plates spinning every day and try to cram as much into our waking hours as humanly possible. I was absolutely floored when he decided to get a dog and started teasing him about animal cruelty. Don't dogs need attention and walks and not to be left alone for 18 hours a day? He very simply explained that he wanted to change the way he lived his life, and this was a very real and immediate way to do that. He has to consider time at home important; he has to consider another living being. And then he said.... AND THEN HE SAID...

We choose to live our lives this way. We have to stop pretending it's not a choice.

With that in mind, I am taking a look at things in my life I view as unpleasant but inescapable, and trying to think a little more creatively about the way I could be living. This goes hand-in-hand with being present in my life and actively choosing the way my day is lived. God love you, weirdo friend of mine who now has an inexplicable dog.


Also, I know you guys don't come here for the soul searching, so here's a good laugh, courtesy of Reader Nikki:

No comments:

Post a Comment