Thursday, November 17, 2011

Possibly the girliest thing ever.

I'm sure you probably all read The Hairpin, so you've probably already seen this, but I MUST post it here! (And, ps, if you are not reading The Hairpin just start now. It's wonderful.)

Ultra-femme guru Jane Marie put up one of her How To Be A Girl videos about the easiest and best way to do cat eye makeup. It is genius. Go forth and be fabulous!


My dear friend is getting married next weekend. It's one of those awesome and awe-inspiring things where not only is she deeply in love but she and the object of her deep affection have decided that they are throwing this wedding themselves, the way they want it. That means she's cooking all of the food. That's a slightly terrifying prospect if you ask me but she assures me that the happiest she's felt planning her wedding was while doing a practice run of the dishes she planned to make. Not being very helpful at group cooking, I asked if there was anything else I could do to help her prepare for the wedding. She very sweetly asked me to help her buy makeup and teach her how to use it. THAT'S LIKE MY FAVORITE THING EVER! We had a fun day at Sephora and now we're on the eve of the makeup trial...which means I get to see her dress.

There is a delightful giddiness I feel when I get to attend a wedding or be in a wedding or help out with a wedding for people I love. I have had the great pleasure of doing this multiple times this year, and I couldn't be happier to be part of my friends' celebration next weekend. Gush gush gush, ain't love grand? More importantly, ain't makeup grand?

She's a person who never wears anything more than foundation, so we're going to keep it light so she looks like herself, but also have a little bit of fun playing with the vintage vibe of her dress. We have a couple of hours tomorrow to play, so first we're going to set how she wants her face to be on the wedding day and then we're going to go with basic tutorial. I'm definitely teaching her the cat eye tape trick from Jane Marie! It's easy and awesome!

On a related note, I've been commissioned to do wedding hair for the groom's mother and two sisters. This wedding is going to be many things but one thing it won't be is Too Shay!

No comments:

Post a Comment