Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Better Living Through Scarves

My dear readers, I had an amazing idea yesterday morning while getting ready for work. I put on a dress I usually wear with one of my many belts, but I really didn't feel like wearing the belt I usually wear. (This is because said belt necessitates a pair of shoes that are a bit annoying to wear.) So I decided to see what the dress would look like with a polka dot scarf I own.*

It looked better than normal AND I didn't have to endure the entire work day adjusting my belly fat above and below the belt while sitting at my desk. Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about.

That got me thinking about my closet and how I could re-imagine parts of my wardrobe. I'm a little bored with my clothes, to be honest, but I'm in a place where I don't want to buy new clothes. And I really don't want to go clothes shopping because it is THE WORST. I love shopping for other people but going shopping for myself is the most boring, annoying thing I'm "supposed" to like.

So anyway, I'm giving myself a couple of hours this weekend to go through my closet and try things out in different ways. Maybe I'll see what that pink dress looks like with my combat boots. Maybe I'll try out my Janet Livermore dress with some sandals and jewelry instead of the black tights and boots I always wear. I'll let you know how it goes.






* A quick word about scarves - I love scarves. I love big winter scarves and I love to use scarves as belts. I have never been able to make a jaunty scarf around the neck work for me, though. I have friends who pull this off beautifully, but I always just sort of look like I'm hiding a hickie. In fact, if you see me with a scarf around my neck, I probably AM trying to hide a hickie.

Best scarf-wearer of all time?
obvs.

No comments:

Post a Comment