1. She is straight up adorable.
seen here as a sexy cat among sexy cats
2. When I'm stressed out about something (usually work-related), it keeps her up at night. Last week, I accidentally rolled down the window of my sister's car and sent her car reindeer antler flying out into the night. Mom actually dreamt where it had landed and I was able to pick up the pieces the next morning.
3. She likes to read romance novels but only likes romance novels with a good story and believable characters. Case in point, she took the spelling of my first name from The Thorn Birds.
4. She loves my friends and my friends love her. Everyone calls her Mama Jack. More sexy cats as proof...
5. My mom has the greatest cackle laugh in the world. But even better than that is when she laughs so hard that no sound comes out.
6. She's way stronger than anyone would think or even than perhaps she knows. This lady has been through a lot but keeps chugging along with a smile on her face. It's kind of remarkable.
7. Mom is certainly not afraid to speak her mind - which can either great or terrifying. While doing an on-camera interview for my sex-ed burlesque show (because she's so awesome that she'll let me bully her into being part of even that), Mom said that she feels that sex is private and shouldn't be talked about. To which I was like
and she was like
8. Because she always listens, she always has my back, she always takes my side (even when she doesn't agree), and she always loves me even though I sometimes disappoint her. And you know? She does the same for my sister. And my dad. And our best friends.
9. Mama Jack taught me how to be generous through her own unbridled generosity. She also taught me how to laugh at myself.
Note that Mom is wearing three necklaces and a funnel on her head.
10. Most of all, though, my mom is awesome because she has no idea how awesome she is. Someday maybe we'll convince her.