Tuesday, January 28, 2020

SAG Awards 2020 Red Carpet Rundown: The Good!

My dear readers, we are desperately behind! I am planning to get through the SAGs this week, Grammys next week, and then it's ALREADY THE OSCARS. Where does the time go?

THE GOOD

Lupita Nyong'o!
Goodness, she looks stunning. I have been wondering for a few days now whether I would like this dress better if the top was black but I think I'd probably find it boring. Actually this is a classic CUAN but with the white top being so eye catching, it's kind of okay without a necklace for me.

Michelle Williams!
Everything seems to be in order here.

Rachel Brosnahan!
Congratulations on your new stylist, Rachel! I am very interested in the direction they are taking you.

Eugene Levy!
Classic tux in a great color with a perfect fit. This is a home run.

Renee Zellweger!
Great color, interesting dress, great hair, boring shoe, not the lip I would have chosen but an overall excellent look.

Sterling K. Brown!
Sure the shoes are a little bizarre  but I'm into this look. I think he's wearing the hell out of that jacket.

America Ferrera!
This is classic chic. The 60s styling for her hair and makeup paired with that collar and neckline really sell this look for me. So well styled. 

Catherine O'Hara!
Perhaps not my favorite color on her but this is fairly thrilling dress for CO'H. 

Phoebe Waller-Bridge!
I can hear you shouting me down already but hear me out: I truly debated where to slot PWB. In the end I could not deny that she is killing this look, severe 90s hair and all. The sheer Cher-ness of this look delights me every time I see it. We should all infuse a bit more Cher into our wardrobes.

Dan Levy!
Damn, this is a gorgeous look. Normally I would ding the hem length but I truly believe it to be intentional and it works with the different lengths of layers we see here. Truly truly gorgeous.

Taika Waititi!
I'll be perfectly honest with you: it is very difficult for me to discern if this actually good or if he is just so HANDSOME that I can't help but swoon. SO HANDSOME. 

Danai Gurira!
WOW. Just ... wow. The color, the fit, the styling. Wow.

JLo!
That right, Jenny, you make them EAT IT.  Giant bows are her thing now! What are you gonna do about it? NOTHING! JLo is on her Screw You Guys I Am A Serious Actor vibe and I will forever worship her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment