Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Golden Globes 2020 Red Carpet Rundown: The Good!

My dear readers, it hardly seems possible that the Golden Globes have already happened. And yet, here we are! Our glorious awards season has begun so let's start our coverage!

THE GOOD

Lisa Lu!
This look is so stunning. Also, I am currently trying to get my hair to do that. 

Chris Evans!
An unusual color choice but I'm digging it. The tux fits well and the bow tie is an appropriate size. Way to go, America's Ass! 

La Kidman!
While this certainly Could Use A Necklace, I think it's a big wow of a gown and the styling compliments without overwhelming. I love her in red.

Andrew Scott!
Sometimes dudes wear a white tux jacket and look like a waiter. And other times dudes wear a white tux jacket and look like Andrew Scott.

Tiffany Haddish!
I am not extraordinarily excited about the way the bottom half of this gown is draped but the color is great on her, her hair and makeup look great, and the overall look is beautiful. Also I loved hearing her cheer Dawson's Creek Michelle Williams (not to be confused with Destiny's Child Michelle Williams though they are both DCMW) just off microphone but close enough to be heard as she gave her speech. 

Helen Mirren!
Other than how the junior publicist fluffed her skirt for this photo, I dare you to find a flaw. 

Beanie Feldstein!
I was not sure at first how I felt about the headband but wow I love this look. Goth Titania and I am in love.

Tom Hanks!
This is a classic Tom Ford tux and it is gorgeous on him. Tom on Tom action. You love to see it.

Rachel Weisz!
Everything seems to be in order here.

Daniel Craig!
Personal feelings about double breasted tux jackets aside, I'm deeply impressed by Daniel Craig wearing a tux well but not giving an exclusively Bond vibe. Do you think DC and Rachel Weisz do that corny thing where they compliment each other on how they look and then say, "We clean up well," with a satisfied smile?

Jennifer Aniston!
For once in my life I was interested in something Jen Aniston wore! MARK THIS DAY.

Sofia Vergara (with Joe Manganiello)!
She looks great, no notes. He looks good too but I want more information about those jacket pockets. Are they BEDAZZLED?

Kate McKinnon!
Like the cut, love the fit, tolerating the sequins, love that she is not wearing a black column gown.

Naomi Watts!
Imagine my surprise to like this look, considering how I usually dislike what Ms. Watts wears. Not my favorite gown of the night but grading on a very specific curve, I'll keep in in the Good pile.  Oh and speaking of grading on very specific curves....

Rachel Brosnahan!
Look who got herself out of probation! I do not agree with the fringe on the skirt but it's not offensive and the rest of this is truly good. Well done, Rachel! I cannot imagine a world where you don't end up back on probation but welcome back to Way Too Shay for now!

Ana de Armas!
I gasped, you gasped, we all gasped! Hands down best look of the night. This is EXQUISITE

1 comment:

  1. I always love your writing! Looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete