Thursday, October 29, 2020

Emmys 2020 "Red Carpet" Rundown: The WTF and Doing A Bit!

My dear readers, I cannot in good conscience give you the Sexy ______ Halloween Costume Roundup without finishing the Emmys. I have very limited brain space, though, so I'm going to go ahead and skip the Meh. WHAT!? Yes, that's right. I don't actually want to talk about how Reese was a snooze and why Issa should consider not wearing coral. I'd much rather talk about the fun stuff, wouldn't you? It's a pandemic, the election is a minute away, and the police are brutalizing my neighbors instead of helping them so I just kind of don't care about hem lengths that much today. 


As you may remember, we are not doing The Bad because that's just cruel. Everyone was basically in their house, Kerry Washington's backyard, some random Canadian courtyard, or conducting a one person halftime show in an empty stadium and it's not fair to say anyone looked bad. However it is absolutely fair to say WTF and also to recognize those who committed to Doing a Bit. And they're all right here!


THE WTF


Tracee Ellis Ross!

Nothing but respect for laying out your own bit of red carpet next to a tree! That is the kind of extra I expect from TER. That said, she might need to go back to Party City where she belongs.

Kieran Culkin!
How many bracelets is too many bracelets? Asking for a friend.

Jeremy Strong!
It's an extraordinary volume of the drabbest possible shade of brown. But the little floppy tie makes it art.


DOING A BIT

Tony Shalhoub!
Why an ascot? But also why NOT an ascot?

Julia Garner!
What in the green light across the lake is going on here? She's all roarin' 20s while Foster the People is in a silk tiger robe. WHAT WAS THE BRIEF???

Samira Wiley!
Full face, peep toe heels, diamonds, and pajamas. This is what I envisioned adult sleepovers would be like.

Alex Borstein!
Congratulations to Alex Borstein for finally living her dream of Doing A Bit and having it work fairly well. This was the other kind of adult sleepover I envisioned in my youth.

Ted Danson!
Ted Danson, casually in his kitchen. Of course he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment