Monday, March 5, 2018

Asking for a Friend: Timothee Chalamet

My dear readers, I find myself in a difficult place unable to decide where to file Mr. Timothee Chalamet. I've been trying to decide all morning to no avail. Since I still can't put my finger on which pile he should join, I am starting a new irregular feature here on Way Too Shay: Asking for a Friend! It's a poll where you get to decide where someone goes. You only have until 11 AM (ET) on the 6th because I'll begin posting The Good on my lunch break.

Soooooo... what do you think?


Asking for a Friend: Timothee Chalamet!








7 comments:

  1. How old is he supposed to be? I know he was the youngest Best Actor nominee, but he's a grown-ass man. Why dress up like Lord Fauntleroy circa 2018? Are the zip-up boots supposed to be ironic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly thought he was 16 (from appearances) but then after reading Robert's post I googled him. for a 22 yo this is too young. and pants too short. I do like the all white look (surprisingly) but can't love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any evidence to back this up, but I feel like, when the Crystal split, we ended up with Johnny Weir and Timothée Chalamet, only instead of being Skeksis and UrRu (violent and materialistic vs. peaceful and wise) we got Edgy Sassy and Tame Sassy. You can try to tell me they don't look like brothers, but I won't listen to you.

    Also, I'm jealous that Timothée can wear those pants. That length is tragic on me but I think he looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would compare him to a high-class restaurant waiter, except that a waiter would have hair that looked like it had been washed and combed in the past six weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He may be 22, but he's playing teenagers. He's working that youthful, virginal, fresh vibe. First Oscars too. I'd give it to him. Next year, my judging is harsher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually don't hate it until I get to the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirt, jacket, bow, face: all great. I'm meh on the hair. The pant length and shoes? I just can't.

    The background unfortunately makes this look like Hammer pants to me. It takes a particular focus, like one of those 3D images that eventually pop out at you if you cross your eyes just right, to see it for what it is - excellent fit from the shins up.

    ReplyDelete